Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A few days in the country does wonders...

Had a great break in East Gippsland. My friends have made a sea change
to a 5 acre block & live now, what seems to me, a city slicker, a relaxing
laid back lifestyle.

The many native trees & bushes they have are beginning to bloom & one morning I was woken by a noisy wattle bird, feeding on nectar from flowers on a bush, just outside my bedroom window.

We had a nice reciprocal exchange of skills while I stayed, as they were keen to start a blog ( of which I know a tiny bit about now) & I wanted to learn some simple yoga stretching exercises,
to help stretch out my spine after hours of sitting at a PC each day. They being disciplined yoga practitioners were happy to teach me. Fair exchange!

I had a leisurely drive home to Melbourne, stopping at a few local galleries
& visiting Kongwak ( yes that is the name of the town!) market.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How attractive our life in the country sounds! It was lovely having you to stay, and we are more than happy to teach yoga practices in exchange for blogging information!
After a few hiccoughs M's blog is up and running, though access is limited at this stage to his students. My own blog is languishing due to lack of attention.
I am focused on getting my book out before Christmas. Daughter E came down last weekend to impart her graphic design skills. She is so clever! The book's going to look great.
Cheers, Gill