Monday, November 19, 2007

Pets on the Wiki


Here are little Koto and Tashi boy, they're brother & sister and I've had them since they were one month old. As kittens you could hardly tell them apart, but as adult cats Koto is petite &
'Tashi Tiger', as I sometimes call him, is a big boy!

They are now approaching the grand old age of 13. They were found above the Vice Chancellor's Office (then Ian Wallace). He apparently thought there were possums in the roof, but on getting a 'possum man' in to investigate they discovered a mother cat and 3 tiny kittens, not yet 4 weeks old. We were contacted at Prahran, being known as cat lovers from way back, to see if we wanted to give them a home. Alison, who worked here then, collected them from Hawthorn & brought them to my house for me to see them ( I was on hols at the time). Of course I lost my heart to them straight away. They were snuggled up to each other and as I'd been thinking of getting two cats anyway, I decided to take them both. Al took the other kitten, who she named Bella and the mother cat was taken to the Cat Protection Society.

They were so young they could not yet lap, so I had to feed them with a bottle for the first week! They would always snuggle up together when they were kittens, but now as adults they don't do that much anymore and they have the usual sibling tiffs. Although far smaller than Tashi, Koto has all the tactics & sometimes the fur flys!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely story! Koto and Tashi must be so glad that they found you.

Bonito Club said...

Yes, what a lovely story.