Monday, November 19, 2007

Post Tassie post


Had a great break in Tassie. The ANZIL Conference offered food for thought & an overview of the current issues in Information Literacy, not least of which is the
concern about the term itself. It's generally felt that the term is not really meaningful to academics or students, but at this stage no other term has been suggested. Julie Susan & I are collating our notes & will post a report on the Wiki soon.

I stayed on for a five more days with a friend who lives on a 30 acre bush property with her 'boys'. Two dear little dogs called Lucky & Trix, both of whom came from Animal Rescue. Did lots of relaxing, walking the dogs & breathing fresh mountain air!
Also spent quite a few hours at Salamanca market...brought back some yummy edibles & drinkables, including a fortified rasberry wine, which goes down a treat with strawberries!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the Salamanca markets, too. I brought all sorts of things home; only limited by luggage space and respect for customs laws. This is a great shot; it captures the fact that this is the busiest place in Hobart on a Saturday!

Amelia said...

Hi there, I found your blog by searching on blogger for other people locally who are interested in op shopping. I have been looking through your blog - love salamanca market (and tas in general). Anyway, the reason that I was searching is because I have started a collaborative Melbourne op shopping blog - I op therefore I am - http://melb-opshopping.blogspot.com/ - and I was wondering if you would be interested in joining? Just a once off best finds ever post or regular posts or anything you like really. There are also some links there to op shop addresses etc and maps showing where they all are.

best wishes for the new year,

regards, Amelia