Thursday, October 11, 2007

I Don't Dig Digg

Loaded up Digg on to my blog a couple of weeks ago using the widget.
First I selected Design as an option for the articles I wanted to look at, but seemed to get a lot about car design, which was not of interest to me, so I switched to the Health ctegory.Very weird stuff comes up now, the informed along with the plain whacky!

24 warning signs you can't afford to ignore
Surely a fast track to becoming a hypochondriac!

Wikipedia describes the editorial control of Digg as non-hierarchical and democratic, as news stories and websites are submitted by users, and then promoted to the front page through a user-based ranking
system, differing from the usual hierarchical editorial system that many other news sites employ.

This sounds good in theory, but I have found that there is a lot of stuff coming up that I am just not interested in, so I'm definitely not a Digg fan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would agree that there's a lot of rubbish on Digg.

Bonito Club said...

there's a lot of rubbish everywhere but the point of digg is that the best, or at least most popular, rises to the top?

jwa said...

That's the thing the most popular is not often the best is it! Guess it's just another tool out there that you take or leave according to your taste.